With extensive experience as a management consultant and senior executive, Roger has sponsored or provided hands-on program management to many successful strategic business and technology change initiatives in both the private and public sectors.
He has proven practical experience in the five key enablers for ensuring that organizational change actually “sticks”:
- Strategy– a unifying strategic vision and sense of purpose shared by everyone in the organization
- Sponsorship– enlightened leaders who understand and embrace their accountability as change sponsors
- Culture– creating and sustaining a desired culture shift within the organization to support the target state
- Change Management– the capacity to proactively identify, manage and turn around resistance to change
- Project Management– the ability to prioritize, coordinate and successfully lead many concurrent initiatives
Roger’s expertise in all aspects of the strategy-to-execution process allows him to hit the ground running on new engagements and to deliver value for his clients in a very short period of time. He works closely with leaders to create an environment where staff feel more involved, engaged and collaborative, especially during times of uncertainty and anxiety associated with organizational change.
Areas of specialization include:
- Facilitating strategy development and/or value proposition sessions with senior leadership teams
- Creating strategic plans and detailed implementation roadmaps with appropriate performance metrics
- Leveraging “Appreciative Inquiry” and “Creative Problem Solving” techniques to foster effective discussions
- Coaching business leaders to help them become more confident and effective change sponsors
- Facilitating the ranking, prioritization, funding and selection of initiatives within the overall project portfolio
Roger believes in giving back to his community and serves on the governance committee for the local Community Foundation. Most importantly, he is an authentic “people person” who is able to earn the trust of others and develop strong partnerships. He takes enormous pride in helping his clients – organizations and their staff – to grow, improve and transform.