Forget everything you think you know about addressing bullying within the workplace
Anti-bullying legislation within the workplace has not worked. In fact, it has made things worse.
Few things hurt the bottom line more than a dysfunctional corporate culture. Unaddressed workplace bullying undermines a company’s ability to recruit, retainand effectively offer an inclusive workplace. One of the biggest factors in dissuading employees from becoming and staying engaged, and bringing their whole selves to work, is a work environment that fails to address bullying.
HR policies, dictated by legislation, have proven ineffective. In fact, they often make things worse.
Research shows that there is reason to doubt the efficacy of a legal approach to bullying in the workplace. Legislation does not make bullying magically disappear and may even escalate the problem. It also makes the employer legally responsible to provide a bully-free environment, which is something even the experts cannot do.
So how can we more effectively respond to and prevent workplace bullying?
The secret to effectively addressing bullying within the workplace is simply the application of the principles of Reciprocity and “The Golden Rule.”
Understanding and effectively addressing bullying within the workplace by implementing programs focused on the application of Reciprocity and The Golden Rule will:
- improve employee and overall corporate cultural health
- increase retention
- increase employee engagement at all levels
- reduce absenteeism, as well as short-term and long-term disability claims
- increase levels of effective teaming, cross-functional collaboration, & problem-solving skills
Workshops - Addressing Bullying within the Workplace
Prompta’s engaging, interactive, fun, and scientifically proven anti-bullying workshops, developed by the world-famous Bullies to Buddies™ creator and psychologist, Izzy Kalman, will have you and your employees actively engaged while you learn to apply the Golden Rule to address bullying and solve typical interpersonal problems at work.
Corporate leaders, people managers and employees at all levels will be empowered to respond to ridicule, bullying, social exclusion and harassment, thus eliminating the dependence on human resource management involvement and anti-harassment legislation. Your cultural landscape will become less dysfunctional, with a more cohesive and engaged workforce.
Prompta’s Addressing Bullying Within the Workplace workshops have immediate benefits, which include:
For Leadership and People Managers:
- Reduced costs associated with corporate cultural problems
- Improved workplace culture
- Increased employee retention
- Increased employee engagement
- Reduced absenteeism
- Effective tools on how to handle rude employees
- More effective and trusting client relations
- Tools to effectively resolve disputes between employees
- Reduced exposure to civil lawsuits.
For Employees at all levels:
- How not to be a victim
- How to control your own destiny
- How to handle difficult bosses and clients
- How to handle bossy coworkers
- Provides the skills for employees tohandle bullying on the their own.
Proceeds from Prompta’s Workshops on Addressing Bullying Within the Workplace go to Student Unity Project (SUP) a national charity that provides training to bullied kids empowering them with the skills needed to deal with bullying on their own.