Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
Summary: Leading effectively and acting accountably takes courage, conviction and above all, engaging in courageous conversations. Conventional leadership training often ignores this component, more commonly referred to as Emotional Intelligence, in favor of abstract theories or a skills-based, “how-to” approach. These programs can falter once participants leave the safe confines of the classroom. The LTEI program bridges the gap between theory and application.
The focused, three-day EQ for Leaders© program bridges the gap between theory and action shifting the common, external “how-to” perspective of leadership to that of character, internal motivation, and a sustained long-term approach to nurturing talents and skills.
I Highly Recommend This Program To Individuals And Organizations That Are Striving For Increased Accountability And More Open And Effective Communication In Their Personal And Work Environments; It All Starts With A Better Understanding Of Oneself And I Can’t Imagine Anyone Leaving This Program Without Achieving This.
~Ann Reich, President, Arabesque Management
Stimulating, engaging and interactive, LTEI improves participant’s communication abilities, mitigates self-sabotaging behaviors and attitudes, and increases their level of personal accountability, all while raising their self-confidence. Through experiential learning modules, the program improves participants’ capacity to lead teams and manage others by transforming their perspectives and attitudes toward leadership through the lens of emotional intelligence in the workplace. In so doing, each person expands the realm of what is possible through clear, congruent conversations, not only for themselves but also for the whole organization.
This Has Been By Far The Most Emotionally Impacting, Eye Opening Course I Have Ever Attended.
~Nicole Jensen, Manager, Quality Development, Ci Funds
EQ for Leaders teaches you and/or your team how to:
- Increase the clarity and speed of internal communication
- Shorten decision-making time
- Resolve conflicts more effectively
- Build stronger, more energized, more committed teams
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty through better
- Increase innovative and collaborative thinking for a competitive
- Capitalize on investments in other skills-based training initiatives
Personal Assessment: Clarity
- Breaking Through Barriers – Comfort Zone theory
- “Why do I do that?” – Understanding patterns, prices, and pay-offs of ineffective behavior
- Altering self-limiting attitudes
- Managing Emotional Responses
Effective Communication: Connection
- “But you’re wrong!” – Resolving conflict
- Leadership Language/Micro-messaging
- Keep it Simple –three-step approach to clarifying misunderstandings
Successful Management: Collaboration
- “I’m not alone” – Individual leadership styles
- Understanding Group Dynamics
- “It’s my mess” – Accountability
- Staying Above the Line – Choosing effective situational responses
Facilitated by Cynthia Barlow, author, coach, facilitator and Prompta Partner. Cynthia has delivered workshops and leadership development programs to Fortune 500 companies like TD Bank, Bell, Bank of America, Amex and FirstData, for over 20 years.